Sunday, April 26, 2015

A Day of Dangerous Eating




Dieting alone is scary enough and what I mean by dieting is being in the conscious state of trying to lose weight, in my case, after weight loss surgery.

Yesterday my family and I went to a gathering of my husband's cousins. They are a very down to earth non-judgmental group. Still, I have always felt like an outsider just because we are so very different and because there are so many of them and I forget who is who.

So I went in with a little trepidation. I had made meatballs to have a food there that I knew I could eat with no problem and brought a lot of cheese and sub rolls for the carb-eaters.

I was pleased that all of my meatballs were eaten, which was good and I heard a couple of comments from people that they were glad that I brought them again this year.

I bought a new pair of pants for the gathering, capri jeggins in bright spring green and wore my new bright fushia sketchers and no socks for a really fun look that I have never been able to pull off in my entire adult life. My legs, honestly, looked super and it felt so carefree and fun.

Do you know it has been since 1982 since I was able to wear shoes off the rack? My feet have lost weight!

Losing weight meant that some who saw me last year were aware that I had really changed, but when I showed my before shot (above) to one of the ladies at the gathering, she said, "That doesn't even look like you!"

That comment just filled my heart with joy.

I ate well and came home and rested well. It was a good day. I need to remember this, which is why I am writing it down.

I am liking myself, who I am on the inside AND the outside. 217 lbs today. Down from 298.


1 comment:

  1. You have done so well
    Sounds like a good day

    What a difference between your before photo and now

    Well done

    ReplyDelete