Monday, November 10, 2014

So tired and sore this morning. Home Renovations

We inherited out home from my inlaws. My mother in law died in the house. She was a hoarder and spent about $6000 a month at QVC. She chain smoked and was dead in the house for three days before they found her. My father in law passed nine months prior to her death.

She died at the height of the recession and we were out of a job and decided to sell our home and move to Pittsburgh, her house would not sell in it's current condition, so we started fixing it up -- to sell it, we thought.

Fast forward three years. We have renovated, cleaned, scrubbed. When we were planning to sell, I had the whole house painted. The guy who did it painted it with cream colored paint. Ceilings, walls and trim, all the same color and all flat paint. It was like being in a cream colored box.

This weekend I decided to paint the living room. I am so whipped now. I hurt everywhere. But here are the finished photos of the painting job and a short video of the renovation that we did to expand the house.

Why did we not help her when she was alive? She would not let anyone do anything. It was so sad.

The renovation

My painting song from painting my son's room last year.

Here are the photos, I no longer feel like I can see nicotine stains bleeding through the paint job.

Before:




After:



 

I sure as heck logged this painting work as exercise!!!

Next up, I still want to repaint the trim and to paint the dining room, but it can wait a bit. At least I have the paint and brushes. Each container of paint cost me about $35 bucks!!




No comments:

Post a Comment