Saturday, February 7, 2015

Crashing

I got home on Friday at about 1 pm and set to making sure I was ask ready to rock the post op diet. I stayed logging my foods and felt like i had a good handle on the post op diet m

Saturday night I was dizzy and I nearly passed out. I had been following my doctors recommendations to a T (or so I thought).

Putting my foods into MFP I realized that I had barely 85 calories for the day and less than that for Wednesday and Thursday.

So I tried to drink apple juice to boost up my calories and then i got really sick from what I assume was a form of sugar dumping.  I'm guessing here.

I tried calling my surgeon and the hospital and all I got was an on-call resident who told me to get 1200 calories and no less. His advice, while great for non-bariatric patients,  sounded off when applied to those newly post op. Can we even get in that much?

My husband rushed out and bought some more nutritionally dense clear liquids.  It was then that my sleeve started getting finicky about new foods.

I managed to get through the night without vomiting and am now eating better.

I honestly didn't realize that drinking only water was going to make me sick.  I thought there was lot more calories in broth.  Boy was I wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment