Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Scale Obsessed


I have gone into the scale obsessed mode. I have been on the scale so many times in the past two weeks that I can't even count them. Many, many times per day in the morning. If I pee, then I get undressed and get on the scale. Same with other bodily functions.

So I made a little chart to plot my weight on a weekly basis. I took it all the way back to my highest weight and then went forward to my pre-surgery diet and up to today. I made lines to indicate each month and also circled period dates.

It showed me - in a much better way than my phone app could -- the progression that I have gone through since I started thinking about surgery. I feel like I am able to now put the scale aside until each Monday and just let it be.

I am not going to lose 20 pounds in a month. That was a one time thing, I think. It would be nice, but it's not reality. 

I did have a couple marks where I got the whole period thing wrong and had to cross it out. I got confused from my app as to what indicated a period and a little flower icon that I guess indicates ovulation.

I am perimenopausal, so periods are very random. I am also going back to drinking my water with no crystal light in it. I need to get back to plain water. My tastes might not be back to normal, but I need to just get off of the sweet chemicals. I hate eating/drinking things with artificial sweeteners.

On the exercise front, I have gotten to the point where I can pound out a good 2-3 mile walk in a half hour. I am still short of breath on the hills, but I am making them now without stopping, which is nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment