Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Meeting with the Doctor

I have decided that along with continuing toward my gastric sleeve surgery requirements, I am going to talk to the dietician and the non-surgical weight loss physician who works with my doctor's group.

No, I have not been successful long term with weight loss ever, but I am willing to try again, before I take the risks with the sleeve. I will talk with them and see what they have to offer me.

Here are my sleeve concerns:

  1. dying on the table
  2. leaks
  3. strictures
  4. spiraling of the stomach
  5. malnutrition, which can affect the following: 
  • teeth
  • bones
  • b-12 levels
  • thyroid 
I just want to be sure that I am going the right way for me. This will not extend my surgery date, but I feel that if I don't check it out and try, then I am just hurting myself and will open the door for self-blame down the road.

Here are some problems with prescription weight loss, I really see both sides of the coin here:

  1. Cardiac issues
  2. regain
  3. cardiac issues
  4. regain

No comments:

Post a Comment